This morning I came across one of my decorative ladders. For some reason I just love these. I have used them in other places we lived but have yet to use them in our current home. I wanted to use this for something but with 2 small kids on the move I know that they can’t just be decorative right now. So I decided to turn it into a Dress-Up Station. I was inspired by this. Here is what I did.
I used the ladder as the base to hold everything. I used over the door wreath hooks, a hand towel rack, a box and some fabric.
I tucked the fabric into the box and put a piece of white backed cardboard inside to hold the fabric in place. I didn’t even bother to straighten the fabric, just kept it simple. I used a box that just fit into the ladder so there is no need to find something to hold it in place. Filled box with head bands and fairy wands. (The essentials:))
- I used a staple gun to attach fabric around the shelf of the towel rack
- Glued a ribbon around the top
- Painted the top of shelf white. (I should have done this first)
- Hung the towel rack with nails to the top ladder rung.
- I tied fishing wire to the top wrung to attach ladder to the wall to prevent it from falling over
Before and After
I am so happy to have my lovely ladder back out again!
I was featured at
Thanks Michelle! 🙂
Linking to: The Nesting Place