Ok if Bill is out back turning over the soil in the garden than Spring must be close! Yeah! I can’t wait to go grocery shopping in garden.
One of my goals this year is to learn exactly what people with green thumbs do. Thankfully Bill’s thumb is deep green while mine has been dirt brown. Dirt? Hey maybe there is hope for me yet. We have had a garden for three years now and have had great luck so for. We plant lots of Organic fruits and vegetables. I would love to try my hand at a flower garden filled with flowers natural to this area. These usually require less care/ water as they would grow here normally. Wish me luck. I welcome ANY tips you have.
I feel a list coming on. I LOVE lists:
Spring and Summer Goals: ( I reserve the right to add, change, or delete any or all contents based on mood, outfit, or whatever my reasoning might be at that moment:))
- Assist in the gardening/ planting process
- Grow Wild Flowers
- Compost- beyond putting table scraps into old coffee containers. Could use some help here too!
- Learn to Can
- Have enormous garage sale or continue donating until basement floor is revealed.
- Make waterproof garden labels for each variety/ item. The results coming soon for this!
- Start desk project -can’t wait for this! Before pictures coming soon.
- Donn a sun dress and a large hat and happily skipped to the garden with a basket to gather lovely vegetables and fresh flowers.
- Hang my laundry outside to dry (again wearing a lovely sun dress )
- Frolic with the kids (as they are pulling vegetables out of the garden and clothes off the line:))
- Wear skirts again
- Pack picnic lunches more often than not (even just for the backyard)
- Have our window open as much and as often as possible.
- Be so organized that I can read during nap time. Or at least organized enough.
- Spend time with family and friends.
I Can’t Wait!
What do you want to do this Spring?